Visit for tens of thousands of model reference images, 3D models, and hundreds of hours of the world’s best art video instruction.
At New Masters Academy we’re always looking for new ways to help teach the fundamentals of art. Recently we have begun releasing (via YouTube) a series of timed reference videos that we call the Daily Life Drawing Sessions. These sessions allow artists to practice drawing 1, 2, 5, and now 10 minute figure drawing poses that we have selected from the vast Image Reference Library ( ). These sessions have been met with with overwhelming enthusiasm which sparked a new idea:
We have begun recording real-time video lessons where your New Masters Academy instructors draw from these timed sessions right alongside you. Click here to view the free sessions on Youtube:
Using these videos is simple!
1. Set up your computer, laptop, or tablet near your working area with the screen at a perpendicular angle to your eye.
2. Make sure you are working in a well lit area with your drawing surface perpendicular to your eye as well.
3. Play the video and try to work in real time (no pausing!). First you will see a series of one minute poses. This doesn’t give you much time so you’ll want to try to get a sense of the whole figure, whether you’re drawing gesture lines or an interconnecting lay-in. Even for the one minute poses, don’t rush! Just set realistic goals for yourself.
Tip: When two images are shown side-by-side choose whichever image you like. If you repeat the same video session again (and we recommend you do) you can do the drawing over again or choose the other side.
4. After five one-minute poses, you’ll get the chance to do five two-minute poses. Here you are going to work the same way that you did with the one minute poses but you’ll also be able to start defining the forms (starting with major forms) and how they connect with each other.
5. The last poses are two 5-minutes and then a single ten minute pose. We have chosen particularly difficult poses here so take your time to work them out.
You can view more at
Here’s how we recommend you use this resource: First do these DLDS (Daily Life Drawing Session) video yourself one or multiple times trying to stay true to the timer and improving on your initial drawings and understandings of the poses each time.
Next watch your favorite instructors do the same drawings from the same videos as you, comparing what similarities and differences there are between not only you and your favorite instructor, but also among the different instructors.
This is an approach that has never been implemented in art education and so far the feedback has extremely positive.
What if I want to draw for more than 10 minutes?
Click here for the static images:
Where can I get more reference images?
Subscribe at New Masters Academy for thousands of model images, real-time 3D scans and hundreds of hours of art instruction.
Start learning at:
What if I have suggestions/feedback?
Post them here in the comments area. We welcome any opportunity to improve!
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://blockchainvietnam.vn/cong-nghe/
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Đánh giá LG 27GN750 và 34GN850, hai mẫu màn hình đỉnh cao với nhiều công nghệ đầu tiên trên thế giới
- Lịch sử ra đời và phát triển của các dòng Galaxy Note
- Hướng dẫn cách tìm kiếm trên Google chính xác nhất
- Best & Fastest Android Emulator For Windows PC
- Lịch Sử Foxconn – Công Xưởng Sản Xuất iPhone Lớn Nhất Thế Giới